My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Nice Cuppa Tea



Seriously? It's December already?!

With the calendar change came a drastic change in our weather, from yesterday's warm and sunny to today's Severe Winter Weather Advisory. And with that came a free ticket to Migraineville (not as fun as Margaritaville!) for me. So now I'm behind, but I got the Fall decorations packed away, the laundry done, and my first batch of Elderberry syrup made and bottled! And lots of tea brewed and enjoyed, including some with freshly grated ginger this morning. Mmmm...

Along with our dried elderberries we got some beautiful organic loose teas from Mountain Rose Herbs last week. The Easy Day, Evening Repose, and Dream Blend teas are just lovely, and the Dream Blend tea not only brought me nice dreams, I had my first cup while watching the PBS Nova program What Are Dreams?
No foolin'! :-)

I don't believe there's anything more soothing on a snuggly winter day like this than a big mug of freshly brewed tea!

So why not join me? Go pour yourself a cup...

Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you.
Now tell me about hundreds of things.
~Saki

And I will tell you some of my favorite quotes about tea (I promise there aren't hundreds!) :-)

Drink your tea slowly and reverently,
as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves -
slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.
~Thich Nhat Hanh

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time
the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.
~Author Unknown
A good friend of mine is a cup of tea, indeed.
~Richard Llewelyn
How Green Was My Valley

Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world.
~Tien Yiheng

You can never get a cup of tea large enough
or a book long enough
to suit me.
~C.S. Lewis

We had a kettle; we let it leak:
Our not repairing made it worse.
We haven't had any tea for a week...
The bottom is out of the Universe.
~Rudyard Kipling




Here at the frontier, there are falling leaves.
Although my neighbours are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
~Anonymous
T'ang Dynasty, A.D. 618-906

6 comments:

  1. Now you have me cravin' a nice cup 'o tea. Hope your migraine has since hit the highway ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put the kettle on! :-) And indeed, Spuddles, I hauled ass out of Migraineville early this morning. No way could I have done this post (or any post!) with a headache like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post about tea put me at ease as if I had already drunk a cuppa! Lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet, VW! I'm glad this post had that kind of soothing effect! (It was mainly the hamster in comfy chair, fluffy robe and bunny slippers that did it, I'll bet. I feel calmed - in an amused way - every time I see her!) ;-) But there is indeed something about the mere mention or thought of tea that inspires feelings of tranquility, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice town I live in huh? And I've never even had Mountain Rose! Sad for me: I shall endeavor to correct this tragedy!

    {{{Hugs}}}
    rift

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah rift, I'm extremely jealous, I admit it. :-) (Especially when I had to dole out those shipping fees! But I must say, they did the best packing job I have ever seen!) I've known about MRH for a long time (remember I tried to convince you to apply for a job there? LOL!), but this was the first order I placed. I'll definitely be a repeat customer, and if you go there in person I want to hear all about it (though I'll be green with envy! But hey, green is good!) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • INFERNO ~ Dan Brown
  • MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD & EVIL ~ John Berendt
  • MY NOTORIOUS LIFE: A NOVEL ~ Kate Manning
  • ONE SUMMER: AMERICA, 1927 ~ Bill Bryson
  • QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING ~ Susan Cain
  • THE BEAUTIFUL CIGAR GIRL ~ Daniel Stashower
  • THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY ~ Erik Larson
  • THE SHADOWS, KITH AND KIN ~ Joe R. Lansdale
  • THE TIPPING POINT ~ Malcolm Gladwell
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"