The sun went down beneath the long dark lines of hill and cloud
which piled up in the west…;
the light was all withdrawn…; the birds were silent;
and the gloom of winter dwelt on everything.
My blog is named for Mehitable Day, a woman buried in the 1800s behind the Maine farmhouse where I lived as a teenager. Whenever I'd have a day that was especially challenging, eventful, or just plain odd, I'd tell my friends, "I've just had the most Mehitable Day!" And so this blog is where I share the events, discoveries and random musings of my Mehitable Days. :-)
Well you can't go wrong with Dickens, or with a flaming sunset. Good job. Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo. Sounds like our winter! Dickens is very good!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. I like the big dark cloud against the orange sunset. That purple is a nice contrast - your camera really captured it well.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colors!
ReplyDeleteOoooh. Such a treat. Dickens is not for me, but that sunset is a joy and a delight. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteAlmost looks like a chunk of the sky fell out of the clouds, like a piece of a puzzle! Cool shot.
ReplyDeleteAw, what a beautiful quote to go with a beautiful shot!
ReplyDeleteI hope all is going well with you. I thought about emailing but don't want to overwhelm you. :)
A beautiful sunset! Lovely colors!
ReplyDeleteHow magnificently moody!
ReplyDeleteYou do enjoy some psychedelic sunsets in your part of the country. :)
ReplyDeleteVery, very beautiful! I take it you've had a bit of snow?
ReplyDelete