My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Party on!


I know, I know... after Hanukkah, Solstice, Christmas, Kwaanza and New Year's, you are worn out, tapped out, and needing to get ready to return to regular, mundane life. But gird your loins and wash the wine stains out of your party hats as best you can, because we have one more party to get through. Mine! ;-)


I promise we'll keep it low-key. No hard liquor, no Chippendale dancers... just a little vegan cake and some fun quotes about birthdays and that thing they cause called... (*whispers*)...
getting older!! ;-)

Like many women my age, I am 28 years old.
~Mary Schmich

A diplomat is a man who always remembers
a woman's birthday
but never remembers her age.
- Robert Frost


Birthdays are good for you.
The more you have, the longer you live.
~unknown

The aging process has you firmly in its grasp
if you never get the urge to throw a snowball.
~Doug Larson

The best way to remember your wife's birthday
is to forget it once.
~H. V. Prochnow



Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the hell happened.
~Cora Harvey Armstrong

We are always the same age inside.
~Gertrude Stein

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
~Garson Kanin


The older I grow,
the more I listen to people who don't say much.
~Germain G. Glidden

Do not regret growing older.
It is a privilege denied to many.
~Unknown


Thanks for coming to my birthday party! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday!!! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful, perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great day. Anything fun planned you can share?

    Happy Birthday!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Molly and Alicia! I appreciate your lovely birthday wishes!

    Nothing too special, Alicia, since I canceled the Chippendale boys. LOL I had my birthday dinner yesterday when BW made his homemade vegan pizza by request (I'll do a blog homage to his pizza one day soon, it is a thing of beauty!) We just got back from a walk with the dogs and in a few minutes we'll be enjoying your wild blueberry-banana-citrus smoothies while I open my cards and presents! Then a bit later, we're having homemade oatmeal bread and red lentil dahl. Other than that, dunno! But it's been a very nice day so far, hearing from friends and relaxing. I'm glad you guys stopped by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday crazy girl!

    Us Cappy's sure are weirdo's huh!! I cusp onto the next sign so I've got a whole other thing going on too!

    When I think of my best friends, they have been Caps. And I'm glad to call you one of them! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're having a great day! Looking forward to the Vegan Pizza Tribute! Enjoy the Dahl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Birthday!!! Hope it's going brilliantly!

    Lots o' Love!!
    rift

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read about the vegan pizza. A hot pizza straight from the oven is one of my absolute favorite meals. Although at our house I have to make it myself so I know you enjoyed yours more. ;)

    Hope you are having a great day,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Izzy - So, you're a "Capriquarius," huh? ;-) So when is it? The 16th? 17th? Come on, Izzy, spill! :-)
    And you're so very sweet, thank you for counting me among your best friends! I'm touched and honored! xoxo

    AdventureJo- Welcome home! :-) Yes, it has been a great day! And the dahl was great, too! (Remember Safdar? It's my re-creation of his recipe). That'll be another future post, along with the pizza. I have so many blog ideas zooming around in my head, I'm going to have to live to be 100 to have time to post them all! (No problem, as long as the nursing home has WiFi). ;-D

    rift - Welcome home to you, too! :-) It has indeed been a brilliant day, and I'm about to cap it off with some MRH Dream Blend tea and a movie! Yay, birthday is right! :-) {{{{Hugs}}}} & lotsa love back!

    Alicia - you and me both on that favorite meal business! :-) I hope to do the pizza post sometime this month. I'm lucky, it's one of BW's specialties, and he won't even let me help! (Temperamental chef, lol) When he asked me what I wanted for my birthday dinner, it was a no brainer. "PIZZA!" Pizza, pizza, PIZZA!!!!" :-)~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed the party. You already seem to live a magical life so I wish you more of the same and then some! Love and hugs from all of us at the Wheekers clan! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, VW, you're very sweet! Happy New Year to you, too (what's left of it, LOL) Tell you what, I'll go ahead and have another birthday next year, so you can come to my 29th birthday party. (heehee!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • INFERNO ~ Dan Brown
  • MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD & EVIL ~ John Berendt
  • MY NOTORIOUS LIFE: A NOVEL ~ Kate Manning
  • ONE SUMMER: AMERICA, 1927 ~ Bill Bryson
  • QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING ~ Susan Cain
  • THE BEAUTIFUL CIGAR GIRL ~ Daniel Stashower
  • THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY ~ Erik Larson
  • THE SHADOWS, KITH AND KIN ~ Joe R. Lansdale
  • THE TIPPING POINT ~ Malcolm Gladwell
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"