My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ABC Wednesday: W for Workshop (Santa's!)


I'm sure by now I'm on Santa's Wayward Blogger list (Which is Way Worse than being on his regular Naughty List, you know), having Wistfully Wandered away from the Land of Blogs for nearly two Weeks. I fear I've been Whelmed (over and over) and Wretchedly under the Weather. And While neither of those conditions has Waned yet, I don't Want to miss a third Week in a row of ABC Wednesday. So I'm Worming my Way out of Working on a more Wearying post by reprising a Post of Christmas Past. (Ha, get it? I'm such a little Dickens!*) To those of you Who have been my unWavering followers for over a year and so for whom this is a rerun, I apologize for my Wicked indolence and assure you I've been Working on my promised photo post(s) of Dragonfly Cottage's interior. For the those of you newer to my blog, please enjoy the festive Whimsy of this Wonderful (if I do say so myself) post of yore! ;-)


W is for Workshop. As in Santa's Workshop! Here's just a Wee sneak peek to entice you in, via the link below, for the story of my miniature Santa's Workshop (housed inside an antique mantle clock) and lots more photos...



*My absolute favorite cinematic version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol is the 1984 film starring George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge. If you've never seen it, you can watch it in its 9-part entirety on You Tube, beginning here...


And as a bonus in honor of my friend veganelder ~ Who believes no post of mine is complete Without our Winsome Woofer Willow ~ I give you this classic photo of...


Willie-Claus! (Claws?)

Along With Warmest Wishes for safe and happy holidays!


What are you Waiting for? Wander over to...


Where more W's are Waiting!

11 comments:

  1. This begs the question, of course, whether you have been naughty or nice.

    Coming here, I suggest the latter

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winsome and wonderful. It is woeful that you have been unwell and my best wishes for a speedy return to health are winging your way to your wintry wonderland. I am wistful about the approaching heat here. Happy Christmas.

    WV: wingstop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love Willie-Claus! I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been well, though. :(

    We got your card yesterday. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the enticing shot of the workshop door just slightly open! I hope people do check out last years post. Your little workshop and the story behind it is so charming.

    I like that version of A Christmas Carol too, another fav of mine is the 1951 version with Alastair Sim. We watch at least 3 different versions every year.

    Hope you're feeling better!! Merry Christmas Laurie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree with Rose about the enticement of Santa's workshop with door ajar. It's a wonderful image, Laloofah! And I am completely wowed by the little masterpiece your folks made for you and then your delightful post about it in detail last Christmas. Magic! Sorry to hear you've had such a miserable go lately with the winter crud, but wish you a full recovery now in time for old St. Nick.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Laloofah!

    Willie cuts a dashing figure, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great festive post for the season; thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely worth a re-run Lawrie, I love that workshop. And Willow looks as gorgeous as always, although I think the black Santa hat would possibly suit her more than the red :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun. Why, I always enjoy Santa's Workshop and could never Weary of it! I even clicked on the link and Went throught the old post. I loved how you took a photo for this post of the Wee sneak peak!

    I totally agree on your vote for the best version of "A Christmas Carol" - there is none better.

    Willie Claws is darling. But she'll need her own guide dog With that hat Worn!

    Feel better - referring to today's headache rather than 21 December's ills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone ~ I feel so Woefully behind on replying to all your lovely comments, I hope you don't mind a group hug. I mean reply. ;-) Thank you for stopping by my blog and Santa's Workshop (and paying Willie Claus such sweet compliments!) I'm glad you enjoyed it, and hope you also enjoyed fun and festive holidays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"