My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Monday, July 30, 2007

All Blogged Out!


Blogathon SurvivorWell I, my iMac and my blog all made it through the entire 24 hour Blogathon and ended up raising $242 for the AHF, but kids, as my post title says, I am indeed blogged out!!

early morning at the computerI'm pretty much recovered sleepwise, but typing is still a bit difficult and if I sit at the computer for more than 5 or 10 minutes, it seems that some invisible, evil being douses my neck and shoulders with kerosene and sets them on fire. But it was fun and rewarding, and I met some great people, enjoyed their fun blogs and enjoyed supporting some other worthy causes...

Cheri (aka
rift) at LeafShadows, blogging for Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary

Jen at
no fixed address, blogging for Nova Scotia SPCA
(Jennie even has posts about Willow, Tess & Josie!) :-)

Jess at
spectavi, blogging for the Tibetan Nuns Project

and Sally at
Living Without Meat, blogging for Farm Sanctuary

The evil creature is back and I can feel the flames licking at my hair now, so I think I'll head for the hammock!

Please take a peek at my
Shambhala Blogathon blog if you get a chance, and have a great week! (BW's on vacation, so I'll be back next week.)

Be seeing you!

1 comment:

  1. I love the story behind your blog name!!!!! Thanks for sponsoring, and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"