My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Monday, July 9, 2007

Clouds

I just love interesting clouds, so it follows that I also love to photograph interesting clouds! I took this one of a nearby thunderstorm from the deck last evening...


And as is so often the case, where seemingly unrelated events and topics blend into one another in serendipitous ways, last evening I also caught the final part of a wonderful PBS show called "Garden Insects." The film was made by an organic gardener named Chris Korrow. This morning I did a Good Search for his film company, Breathe Deep Productions. I had no luck finding it but I did find several references to Chris, including a link to a poem he'd written about clouds posted by The Cloud Appreciation Society! Who knew? Located in London, they boast more than 8,700 members (including one sky-gazing canine) and share some breathtaking cloud photos!
And now, in honor of clouds, and because I haven't shared any in a while, here are not one but two lovely quotes (and two more cloud photos from my archives)... :-)

The fear that was on me so long was gone,
and when thunder clouds appeared
I was always glad to see them,
for they came as relatives now to visit me.
~Black Elk


Clouds come floating into my life,
No longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky.
~Rabindranath Tagore

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    This is Chris Korrow, that made Garden Insects.
    Just wanted to let you know that Breathe Deep Productions is a company that I am growing into. Right now my site is accessed through gardeninsectvideo.com, the Breathe Deep part of the site will come along whith my next film.
    Peace & Blessings and thanks for the positive response to the film. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan ~ Thanks for taking the time to visit this post, I'm glad you found these clouds worth your trip!

    As for "Both Sides Now" being a great cloud-watching accompaniment -- Angel Hair and Feather Canyons! LOL! Great minds! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"