My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm melting... MMMELLllltiinnggg...


Ah do declayah, it's HOT out thayah!


And humid too, which is unusual for these parts, where the temps often hover around 100º but with dry-as-a-bone humidity which makes it more bearable. I can't handle muggy! I've been outside watering the trees & lilacs, but now I'm headed for the shady patio to continue reading A Thousand Splendid Suns (the title goes well with our temps!). But first I thought I'd share a few summery photos.

Here's where I hang out when it gets too hot for anything but a siesta (it's where I do a lot of my reading, too!) The hammock's usually in the shade, but I took this photo last week when our temps were cool and it felt good to lay in the sunshine! (Hard to imagine that now!)


And here's Willow's preferred hangout, where she can enjoy the cool of the basement while watching the chipmunks cavort on the patio...


Here's how our garden's looking lately! We've been enjoying lettuce and herbs for a while, but we enjoyed our first Swiss chard over the weekend and I picked our first zucchini yesterday. (Now if only the tomatoes would hurry the hell up!!)...


That does it for me, I'm off to log some hammock time! (Though this looks even more appealing!)...


Ya'll stay cool! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"