Wednesday, September 7, 2011
ABC Wednesday: Hay, Horses!
Though I Had more High Hopes for this post than I Had time to make Happen, I'd Hate to Have to skip H week for ABC Wednesday. Happily, I'd taken this photo of the Horses on Sunday and the ones of the Hayfield three weeks ago, on my way Home from town. How Handy!
Horses grazing in the gloaming.
(Where were you guys last week when I needed Gs?!)
Hayfield on a Hot afternoon
Taking the requisite "artsy" shot has become a Habit!
Hey, more H's are Happening at
- INFERNO ~ Dan Brown
- MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD & EVIL ~ John Berendt
- MY NOTORIOUS LIFE: A NOVEL ~ Kate Manning
- ONE SUMMER: AMERICA, 1927 ~ Bill Bryson
- QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING ~ Susan Cain
- THE BEAUTIFUL CIGAR GIRL ~ Daniel Stashower
- THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY ~ Erik Larson
- THE SHADOWS, KITH AND KIN ~ Joe R. Lansdale
- THE TIPPING POINT ~ Malcolm Gladwell
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.
~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"