My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hearts and Tigers


Happy Valentine's Day!


May your day be filled with love and magic!

And

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!


Welcome to the
Year of the Metal Tiger!


Speaking of lunar, this holiday greeting is brought to you from the dark side of the Moon, where I'm still orbiting without radio contact with Earth. Well, actually I'm just offline for another few days, but it feels like I'm on the dark side of the Moon!) ;-) Enjoy your holiday and have a great week!

(P.S. Well, THAT worked well! NOT. :-( Today is Feb 17th, and this is the post I scheduled to publish automatically on Valentine's Day, but it did no such thing! Guess my blog needs constant adult supervision! ;-) I'm still not back online officially... I'm on a computer at the library while I'm running my weekly errands. Hope to be back before the weekend, though! Meanwhile, I thought I'd go ahead and post this, even if it IS three days late! I hope everyone's doing well and enjoyed a lovely Valentine's Day! See you soon!)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried auto posting yet. And ... now I don't know that I should trust it. Technology and I don't always get along either. ;)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of envy your low-tech life right now. Hope you're reading and getting outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia - I've only done it a few times before, but I've had success with auto-posting in the past. I have no idea what went awry this time. But since blogger likes to mess with my fonts and spacing between my previewing and my publishing, I prefer to post manually anyway so I can fix the glitches right away!

    Mary - I had internet withdrawal the first day or two, but after that it actually was a nice change of pace. And reading and hiking were the two things I did the most! :-) I seem to be struggling to get back in the online groove for some reason, especially with my blog! My muse seems to have taken to the low-tech life too, and hasn't come back yet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"