My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pulling the Plug


Alas, as of this morning, we're going dark...

...and my blog will be a mere shell of its usual self. ;-)

The mud dauber lads are finally about to begin the messy job of repairing, re-taping, re-mudding and re-texturing the sheet rock ceilings in our downstairs den and hallway, so we've moved everything but the computer out of the den. Since our internet connection is through a satellite dish whose cable runs from the dish to the den, once we unhook it and move the computer upstairs I'm internet-less for at least a week.


When the mud daubers finally clear out we'll have to prime and paint the new ceilings and stain and install new ceiling trim, but we hope to be able to hook the computer back up and work around it. For now however, it's time for me to pull the plug!

(argh, this is hard to do!)

Since I was disappointed to see that Valentine's Day and the Chinese New Year will fall during my black-out, I've set up a wee post to publish automatically on Sunday. It's the first time I've ever done that, and it feels like an odd combination of ghost-writing and time traveling! :-)

Enjoy a great week, and...

as soon as I can!

5 comments:

  1. Talk to you again soon. I hope the reno goes according to plan.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it all goes smoothly and I will miss your posts! I think you'll find scheduling posts becomes addictive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the renovations and looking forward to your return! I miss ya already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Alicia, Molly and VW!

    The ceiling work hasn't exactly gone according to plan... does remodeling EVER go according to plan?!

    Likewise, scheduling my post didn't go according to plan either! (I have no clue why... when I checked it just now, it clearly showed it was scheduled to post on Feb 14, 2010 at 3AM, but didn't! Cursed gremlins.)

    Miss you guys too! I have a lot of catching up to do in between painting ceilings! (Just call me Michelangelo, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back! Sorry it isn't going as smoothly as you would like. =( Those gremlins are out to get you lately.

    talk to you soon,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"