Wednesday, August 1, 2012
ABC Wednesday: A Collection of C's
C is for...
Cute and Colorful
A bit of garden Charm (or Clutter, depending on your tastes!)
A Cuddly Comrade Come upon in an alley while Cycling
(Grateful Credit to Barbara for her Clever background editing!)
Check out the Compassionate Crusaders of Alley Cat Allies,
a Charity devoted to Changing Community policies and practices,
and Championing the Caring treatment of Cats from Coast to Coast!
In the same alley as the Calico Cat!
In Sheridan's Bellevue Cemetery
A Cracked and Chipped Column in Closeup
(I felt Compelled to repeat this one from an earlier post)
Cheerful, Comfortable Chairs, just Crying out for Company!
"Chairs are always good to have so friends can sit beside you."
And that Completes my Collaborative Contribution! :-)
Check out more Cs at...
And enjoy a Carefree August!
- INFERNO ~ Dan Brown
- MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD & EVIL ~ John Berendt
- MY NOTORIOUS LIFE: A NOVEL ~ Kate Manning
- ONE SUMMER: AMERICA, 1927 ~ Bill Bryson
- QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING ~ Susan Cain
- THE BEAUTIFUL CIGAR GIRL ~ Daniel Stashower
- THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY ~ Erik Larson
- THE SHADOWS, KITH AND KIN ~ Joe R. Lansdale
- THE TIPPING POINT ~ Malcolm Gladwell
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.
~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"