Friday, January 18, 2013
SkyWatch Friday: beautiful world
I've decided to combine three of my favorite things ~ poetry, quotes and photography ~ by now and then adding some favorite words to some of my favorite photos. With maybe a little music thrown in from time to time. :-)
Of course, what other song could I have chosen, really? :-)
If you're unable to view it from here, the short jaunt to YouTube is well worth it!
And so is the short jaunt to SkyWatch! :-)
Enjoy beautiful skies from around the world, and a beautiful weekend!
Sunrise from our back porch, taken with my new Rebel on 12/26/12
- INFERNO ~ Dan Brown
- MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD & EVIL ~ John Berendt
- MY NOTORIOUS LIFE: A NOVEL ~ Kate Manning
- ONE SUMMER: AMERICA, 1927 ~ Bill Bryson
- QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING ~ Susan Cain
- THE BEAUTIFUL CIGAR GIRL ~ Daniel Stashower
- THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY ~ Erik Larson
- THE SHADOWS, KITH AND KIN ~ Joe R. Lansdale
- THE TIPPING POINT ~ Malcolm Gladwell
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.
~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"