My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bananas Gone Bad vs Bananas of Peace ;-)


I took this photo of a grody (yet peace-loving and organic) banana early this summer, with the intention of posting it to my blog. So when I saw this post titled "Bananas Gone Bad" on Marla's wonderful blog last night, I knew I HAD to post my Peace Banana pic! Besides, it's a great follow-on to my Gandhi post from yesterday. :-)


Speaking of foodie stuff, this October is the third annual Vegan MoFo (Vegan Month of Food), and while I'm not a participant, you may well find me blogging about food this month more than I did back when I actually blogged. ;-) If I blogged about food as much as I ate food, I'd win the Most Prolific Blogger in the World Award, so material should not be hard for me to come by. Anyway, do check out the incredible list of Vegan MoFo participating blogs! You'll find some amazing recipes, restaurant and product reviews, thought-provoking posts and inspiring people. Some are already on my "favorite blogs" list, but I can see I have lots of new ones to be checking out in the days and weeks to come! Yay!

In other news, we have a winter storm moving in tomorrow (up to a foot of wet, heavy snow predicted - nooooo! Not YET!!! Argh.) I can sure feel the weather change coming in this accursed barometer I carry around inside my skull. So between my headache and the winter storm drill we need to run today (including fixing our pellet stove, our main heat source, which went on the fritz last Monday - at least the needed parts arrived yesterday!), I must abandon further blogging plans for now. And wet, heavy snow/slush always knocks me offline since we have a satellite connection, so if I go dark for a few days, don't be thinking, "Yeah, THAT'S typical of the World's Laziest, Most Pathetic Blogger, alright!" ;-)~

So till next time, don't eat Bad Bananas, eat Peace Bananas, mon!


2 comments:

  1. Laughs. Thanks for the links. :) (And the previous Ghandhi quotes... my favorite: "be the change".)

    Good luck with the new beginnings on your blog.

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace bananas! I love it and I can't wait to see more posts. Good luck with your headache. I have a friend who is very sensitive to barometric changes as well and this time of year is very challenging for her. Feel better soon so you can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"