My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Friday, October 2, 2009

I REALLY need to start blogging again!


I've been vying for the title of World's Laziest, Most Pathetic Blogger. Have I won yet? ;-)

Really, I need to start blogging again. Even if it's just a snippet, or a quote, or SOMETHING! *sigh*

I'll start with sharing the fact that today is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi's birthday (1869-1948), along with a few of my favorite quotes from one of my most admired human beings. Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhi!

“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems.”

"I believe it to be perfectly possible for an individual to adopt the way of life of the future. . . without having to wait for others to do so."

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"I am an uncompromising opponent of violent methods even to serve the noblest of causes."

"A principle is a principle, and in no case can it be watered down because of our incapacity to live it in practice. We have to strive to achieve it, and the striving should be conscious, deliberate and hard."

"Live simply, that others may simply live."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

In honor of Gandhi's birthday, today is also World Farm Animals Day. Please check it out and learn what you can do to ease the suffering... and improve our nation's greatness and moral progress in the process! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for swinging over to my blog. You've given me a lot to chew on for new vegan info. Thank you as well for your kind words. One last thank you is in order for showing me that there are other bloggers as lax as I am about updating. I've been super lazy as of late too. You've inspired me to post! I'll nudge you every now and then if you do the same. :) Cheers and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • THE HUMANE GARDENER ~ Nancy Lawson
  • THE WORLD WITHOUT US ~ Alan Weisman
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"