My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
~ Ashleigh Brilliant


Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Am Not An Ingredient


I found this illustration on a blog two or three years ago and absolutely fell in love with it...
There was no attribution given, and I can't quite make out the artist's name (Hill? Hall?), and all my internet searches have thus far yielded nothing.

I've always thought it would be adorable on an apron, but had no more luck finding that than I did finding the artist's identity! Until this morning, when I happened (for no particular reason) to click on the PCRM's shop tab, and there, at the very bottom of the page, I struck gold!


(Click on the image to view and/or purchase)

Not only is this illustration on an apron, it's on a whole bunch of other stuff. And there are other cute goodies for sale, including merchandise with other illustrations by this same (still unidentified) artist. And 15%-30% of the sale proceeds go to PCRM and their work.

So half of my wish came true, I've found my wished-for apron! (I wear my beloved Compassionate Cooks apron every time I cook, and find it not only adorable and useful, but I swear it makes my cooking and baking more inspired. I feel like a chef!) :-)

(Chef Laloofah making McDougall McVeggie Burgers, Nov 2007)

But when it's in the laundry, I'm bereft. And splattered. :-) So, time for a backup!

Alas, the other half of my wish remains unfulfilled, as I'm still wanting to know who this wonderful artist is. I emailed PCRM this morning and asked them. I'll post the answer if/when they reply, as this talented person deserves credit!

Update: The artist's name is Doug Hall.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, all of those illustrations are great. I love the rat running out of the open cage. :) Hope your artist has a web site with lots more art!!

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, rift! I love the "freedom rat" one too! And you can bet that if I find out that this artist has a web site with his/her artwork on it, I'll be posting it!
    {{{{Hugs Back!}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love it! That is adorable and wonderful. I would love to cook holiday vegan recipes with a cow. It's a dream of mine. I can't decide which item to put on my Christmas list, the mug, or the grocery tote, or the teeshirt. Thank you for posting this!

    And thank you for all your thoughtful and encouraging comments recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    I'll help you decide which item to put on your Christmas list... put them ALL on it and let Santa sort it out! ;-)

    How sweet of you... you're most welcome for my comments. I always appreciate yours. "And your little blog, too... HEEEEheeeheeeheee!" (That's supposed to be my Wicked Witch imitation. I can't help it, Halloween just does things to me!) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Will Blog For Comments. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

SOME CURRENT & RECENT READING...

  • INFERNO ~ Dan Brown
  • MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD & EVIL ~ John Berendt
  • MY NOTORIOUS LIFE: A NOVEL ~ Kate Manning
  • ONE SUMMER: AMERICA, 1927 ~ Bill Bryson
  • QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING ~ Susan Cain
  • THE BEAUTIFUL CIGAR GIRL ~ Daniel Stashower
  • THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY ~ Erik Larson
  • THE SHADOWS, KITH AND KIN ~ Joe R. Lansdale
  • THE TIPPING POINT ~ Malcolm Gladwell
There is still strong in our society the belief
that animals and the natural world have value
only insofar as they can be converted into revenue.
That nature is a commodity.
And that the American dream is one of unlimited consumption.
There are many of us, on the other hand,
who believe that animals and the natural world
have value by virtue of being alive.
That Nature is a community to which we belong
and to which we owe our lives.
And that the deeper American dream is one of unlimited compassion.

~John Robbins, "The Food Revolution"